SIM Activation New procedure as per PTA regulations
If you have purchase new connection all cellure companies reuqired to fill out a Customer Service Agreement form (CSAF) and attach all necessary information, in addiotion of this PTA also adviced that all connection purchased after 31st of January 2009 must be activated only after verification of customer anteceedents.
New procedure for SIM activation
- To purchase a new Ufone, Telenor, Jazz, Zong, Warid connection, visit the nearest Customer Services Centre, Franchise Centre or Registered Retailer. Complete the Customer Services Agreement Form (CSAF) and attach along your identity documents.
- Insert your new SIM in your mobile.
- To activate the SIM, make a free call to 789.
- Helpline 789 will require customer’s personal details and CNIC number.
- Provided antecedents will be verified by helpline through NADRA database.
- Once confirmed, SIM will be activated in 30 minutes.
In accordance with PTA laws and regulations, any mobile connection which is not registered, does not carry complete information, or has false information is liable to be disconnected. Possession of such connections is considered a crime.