This is the question that springs to the mind of future search engine optimizers. More than skills, you got to use your head in search engine optimization to be successful. There are a lot of perceptions doing rounds in the internet regarding what is SEO, techniques, processes, blah, blah, blah, just make sure that you get your answers and you have a clear mind as to what you are going to do.
The Success of Internet Marketing is SEO and always remember one thing, you got to be patient and wait to see the results. SEO results cannot be achieved overnight. Explain this point to your customers beforehand because the tendency for anybody is to see the results fast. However, this is not the case with SEO. Explain this point to your customer over and over again. You got to drive this point to their heart. If not, you will have to face the wrath of your customer or you may have a situation where you will start losing your customers.
Make sure that you gather the following analysis and other skills required to be a successful search engine optimizer,
- Look and analyze the website for which you are going to do SEO.
- W3c validation – The website should not have any errors with links, scripts or functionality as a whole. You may ask, “why the hell should I be concerned about the website’s error free state”? Well buddy, here is the point, if the crawlers from Google or Yahoo is going to come to the website, and if the links or the script is not working good, it will not give weightage to your website and you have to sit and think your whole life time “of what the hell went wrong”
- Know the business in which the website owner is involved in – know the competition.
- Analyze the keywords and choose the right keywords which is used widely by searchers.
- Target the geographical location.
- Get the list of top directory submission websites and start submitting the URL of the website to these directory submission links such as www.dmoz.org,
- Submit the website’s URLs to search engine submission websites such as www.amfibi.com.
- Article, blog, and press release submission. Make sure that you get the content from your website owner to do this, if not, get a good article writer to post articles, blogs and press releases. The more articles, blogs, and press releases you have, the better.
- Optimize the content of the website, i.e., the content should have a good selection of keywords, title, and description.
Do check: 5 SEO Mistakes Small Businesses Should Avoid Like The Plague
All the best for your SEO success!!!
What is SEO? Why is SEO important? Learn more about SEO at BeingBlogger.net