Press Release: Keeping up with latest trends in technology and keeping an eye on youth patterns, Mobilink will be launching the first SMS based Twitter Service for the Pakistani market.
The role of social networking has become more and more entrenched into our daily lives, and so a service of such a kind fulfills our customer’s evolving needs. Twitter has recently gained popularity particularly in the Pakistani youth. Launched shortly after introducing Jazz Jazba, the Twitter SMS service shows the company’s vision and focus on the youth of Pakistan.
Through this service, users can link their Twitter accounts to their handset, sign up for Twitter and access Twitter via SMS, with no need for internet/GPRS. The service allows users to simultaneously send and receive Twitter messages through SMS. They can follow all their friends and celebrities along with their fellow tweeters, thus ensuring that the tweets get to them right on their handsets via SMS.
How to start Tweeting via SMS:
- The user simply needs to subscribe to Twitter by sending an SMS ‘Start’ to 40404.
- Customers who are already subscribed to Twitter, will need to get their phone number linked to Twitter Account with handset. Just SMS ‘Signup’ to 40404 and follow the steps.
- To unsubscribe completely from Twitter SMS. Send an SMS ‘Stop’ to 40404 and confirm.
Users can visit http://support.twitter.com to learn about more functions
that can be performed using this SMS based service
- To choose your own user name
- To turn ON all authorized Twitter updates and notifications
- To turn OFF all updates including direct messages
- To turn OFF all phone notifications
- To turn ON notifications for a specific person on phone. Example: ON ali
- To turn OFF notifications for a specific person on phone. Example: OFF sara
- To FOLLOW a specific user and receive SMS notifications. Example: FOLLOW umer
- To stop receiving SMS notifications for a specific user. Example: LEAVE hasan
- Commands to send private messages, favorite Tweets
- To Follow/Unfollow some fellow tweeter.
- Some things to note are:
- Using on/off username from phone only, stops notifications coming to
- mobile phone; customer will still collect a person’s updates on the web
- since he/she will still be following them. The OFF, LEAVE, STOP, and QUIT
- commands will only disable mobile updates from that user.
- Following someone from a phone for the first time will also cause you to
- follow them on the web.
- Customers can also set individual notifications from a person’s profile
- page on the web, or go to the Twitter website and manage all phone
- notification settings there.
SMS on Shortcode 40404: Rs. 1 + Tax/SMS